Thursday 13 August 2009

Here comes the bride..


I went to try on my wedding dress earlier in the week.

When I first went dress shopping I wasn't on my pump and originally I thought that I would probably go back onto injections on my wedding day, but as confirmed in a conversation with HTB (code for husband to be - let's hope he doesn't read this post as he doesn't like that nickname) I am now pump converted and would much rather have my pump by my side when I say 'I do' than worry about bleeding after an injection onto my dress, to name just one downside of injections, I know I've changed my tune...

As I started to explain to my wedding dress designer I had something to tell her - I could see the horror on her face as she contemplated what I was about to reveal - before I could finish properly she said 'Oh you've got a box' it turned out someone who bought a bridesmaid dress from one of her stockists also had 'a box' and she had sewed a pouch into the dress. Phew, a thirty minute explanation into diabetes wasn't needed and turns out maybe I won't have to get my needle and thread out after all, I might get my own designer pouch!

Picture via Flickr 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicola! Thanks for your comment on my blog, and congrats on your upcoming wedding! I got married in May 2008 and had a pocket built into my wedding gown for my pump. Here are some pictures:

    http://sixuntilme.com/blog2/2008/06/diabetes_on_my_wedding_day.html

    I hope your wedding day is a beautiful success!!

    - Kerri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerri! I saw the pics of your wedding dress a while back. I always thought I would switch back to injections for my wedding day, but definitely not! Now I am up and running I wouldn't want to be without my pump!

    ReplyDelete