Sunday 26 July 2009

Vital Statistics


I've just finished writing my next diary feature for Sweet Magazine and emailed it off to my editor.
This issue it's all about the switch to my insulin pump, I hope it doesn't put the non-pump users off reading it, hopefully my silly stories will keep them amused.

Anyway when I was writing it I remembered that I meant to write a post when I started this blog with all my diabetes statistics pre-pump, so then I/we could compare my progress months down the line. So here goes...

Pre-pump

Age: 29
Height: 5ft 6 and 3/4 inches
Weight: 60.6kg
Hba1c: 8.1%
Insulin: Levemir & Novorapid

Doses: (on average)
am: Levemir - 9 units
pm: Levemir: 7 units
B/fast: 8 units
Mid-morning: 1 unit
Lunch: 6 units
Dinner: 6 units
Total Daily Dose: 37 units

So the first development is my total daily dose has already dropped and is averaging at 27-30 units per day! 
I'm going to be waiting in anticipation for my next hba1c result, I'd love it to be below 7.5%, watch this space...

(Thanks to Nellie Ryan for my wonderful illustrations!)

No comments:

Post a Comment